Monday, July 16, 2018

Not Your Typical Scooter

There are a couple pieces of equipment that I can bring out to ALL of my classes and they will ALL get excited.  The one I want to talk about today - SCOOTERS!  You might be thinking of the scooters you or your kiddos ride in the drive way or through the neighborhood.  Nope, I'm talking about the square piece of plastic on four wheels.  

Seriously - the kiddos love it...I'm talking preschool class to fifth grade.  I don't even have to have a game or activity to go along with them.  If we are on a shortened schedule or space is limited due to risers in the gym, I will give the kiddos a scooter - and their eyes light up! (I promise - behind those rainbows are HUGE smiles 😁😁😁)


Older grade level scootering in PE.

I prefer to use the larger scooters.  It is nice because ALL of my students can feel comfortable on the scooters and can be successful.  Unfortunately, I do not have a class set of the larger scooters.  To help with this issue, I have put together a DonorsChoose.org project.  Check it out!

When we use the scooters, we have three main rules:
1. Do not run over fingers - your fingers or a friends ✋ 
2. No bumper cars.
3. Have FUN!

We have played soccer, floor hockey, run through obstacle course, had relay races, etc.  Do your kiddos enjoy riding scooters?  What games to do you play?

No comments:

Post a Comment