Thursday, May 17, 2018

Back to Blogging

Ok - I had no idea it had been sooooo long since I had posted a new blog!  Holy Moly!  I have had such an interesting year - lots of excitement, some frustration, a new baby, and a life changing decision.  Let me get you caught up.

Lots of Excitment
We have been blessed by having some DonorsChoose.org project funded.  I'll share some blogs soon with more details on the DC projects.  I have been blessed with a newly painted gym floor.  This may not excite you...but when you see the pictures I bet it will make you smile :-)


Frustration
Don't we all have frustration during a school year?  haha!  If you have a school that every child is happy, respectful, and does everything right, the FIRST time you ask - then consider yourself in heaven. 

New Baby
Yes, you read it correctly.  My family and I welcomed Heath William Crawford into the world in February.  He is doing great and his brothers are IN LOVE!!!  Of course, this means I was on maternity leave.  I took six weeks and had the most AMAZING long term sub.  She was a former volleyball player and an unbelievably awesome young woman!  I am so excited for her -she is getting married this month AND got her first teaching job.  I know she will do fantastic things!!!




Life Changing Decision
For some of you, this may not mean anything to you.  But if you have ever coached, you will understand how hard of a decision this was.  I decided this past February to step down from coaching volleyball.  It was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made.  I know it was the right one, but that still doesn't make it any easier.  I started coaching at Northside HS when I was in college.  My Dad had taken over the program and I helped when I was home for Fall and Winter break.  After I graduated, I coached a JV team two years and then in 2004, I took over the Varsity program.  So, after twenty years of coaching, I am stepping down and spending more time with my family and carting my own kiddos around to their events.  I absolutely LOVE it and am excited about all of the new adventures God has in store for us! 

So, that brings you up to speed on the BIG things!  I will be posting a couple times a week with thoughts, activity ideas, DC information, product reviews, etc.  I am excited to get back on the Blogging Train!  Come along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment