Thursday, March 7, 2013

Being Active in the Classroom

Recently, I have not been able to be in the gym due to air conditioning installation.  Now, I'm not complaining because the air conditioning will be AWESOME once the temperature goes up.  But it does make teach PE challenging.  I have a couple of activities that I like to do in the classroom - juggling scarves, Speed Stackers, Tae Bo...and my newest thing - Just Dance videos from YouTube.  I have found that the younger kiddos especially love it.  I sent this link to my classroom teachers to use when it is too cold or rainy to go outside for recess. 

Before I give you the link, I encourage you to be VERY careful when using YouTube in front of the class....sometimes the ads (Zoosk) before the videos are not appropriate for the kiddos and you never know what video suggestions will pop up at the end.  I usually mute the screen and the volume until the video starts and as soon as it is over.  Better safe, than sorry!

This link takes you to a group of videos that a teacher has put together!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment